The island – Yeu
The only bridge-less island of the South of Loire!
From 5-star Camping Les Chouans you’re at 30 minutes from the pier of Fromentine (La Barre des Monts) OR at 10 minutes from the pier of Saint Gilles Croix de Vie, from which it will take 1 hour to cross. The island of Yeu is definitely worth the visit!
Back to the list
For those who also know Brittany, this island may be compared to Belle Ile. Beaches and cliffs, caves, dolmens and a great variety of landscapes. Put on your trainers and wait no longer…
2 Ferry companies to make the crossing
Compagnie Vendéenne leaving from Saint Gilles Croix de Vie
Compagnie Yeu Continent
On site, if you’re willing to hike, you’ll be spoiled with choice…
The GR 80 runs around the island leaving from Port Joinville, along the coast: 27 km of breathtaking hikes. Keep an eye on the timetable of the crossings though…
5 itineraries of small hiking tracks called Sentes :
– La sente des Marais (10,5 km)
– La sente de la Meule (8,9 km) leaving from the Port de la Meule, on the eastside of the island, from the beach Plage des Vieilles
– La sente de Kreuzland (8,5 km) along the cliff coast up to the Pointe des Corbeaux and part of the dunes
– La sente du Noroit’ (7,6 km)
– La sente des Oyes (9,2 km) is the itinerary with a great number of tourist sites like the castle, the sheepfold, the Pierre du Chien à l’affût and the lighthouse.
More information at the Tourist Information Office of the island of Yeu