Spending a holiday on 5-star Camping Les Chouans in Saint Hilaire de Riez, means that you’ll be choosing a destination known for its lively setting, beaches, landscaped and facilities. This beach resort offers a real know-how in tourism.
Saint Hilaire de Riez offers:
- 10 km of fine sand beaches
- 3 km of cliff coast (the famous ‘corniche of Vendée)
- 12 beaches (the beach of Parée Préneau is located near the campsite at 1,8 km from Camping Les Chouans)
- 3 water sports centres
- 600 ha of forest
- And kilometres of hiking, cycling and horse riding tracks!
Saint Hilaire de Riez : useful information
Tourisme- Tourist information office of Saint Hilaire de Riez – 21 place G. Plateau – +33 (0)2 51 54 31 97
- October to May: from Monday to Saturday from 9 am to midday and from 2 pm to 6 pm
- June to September: from Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 12.30 pm and from 2 pm to 6.30 pm. Sunday from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm
- July and August: from Monday to Saturday from 9 am to 7 pm. Sunday from 10 am to 12.30 pm and from 4.30 pm to 6.30 pm
Multi media library – Square des droits de l’Homme – +33 (0)2 51 59 94 55.
Hyper U of Saint Hilaire de Riez – 140 avenue de l’Isle de Riez
Markets in Saint Hilaire de Riez and surroundings
Tuesday: Place Vivi-Burgaud in Saint Hilaire de Riez – Place du Marché aux Herbes in Saint Gilles Croix de Vie
Wednesday: Place Guy Kergoustin in Saint Gilles Croix de Vie
Thursday: Town centre (Place François Mitterrand) in St Hilaire de Riez – Place du Marché aux Herbes in Saint Gilles Croix de Vie
Friday: Place Vivi-Burgaud in Saint Hilaire de Riez
Saturday: Place Guy Kergoustin in Saint Gilles Croix de Vie
Sunday: Town centre (Place François Mitterrand) in St Hilaire de Riez – Place du Marché aux Herbes in Saint Gilles Croix de Vie
Nighttime markets in Saint Gilles Croix de Vie (quai du Port Fidèle) and Saint Jean de Monts (shopping centre): every night in July and August.
Les Viviers de Sion: shellfish and seafood – 12 avenue des Estivants
Sel de Vie (salt makers) – 87 route du sel, Rond point des Marais Salants
The Bourrine du Bois Juquaud (Eco museum, life in the salt marshes)
Feeling Forest (tree climb adventure) at 500 metres from the campsite…
Dino’s Park at 200 m from the campsite!
The salt marshes of La Vie
Parc de la Pège (miniature golf, roundabout, games room, video games…) 75 avenue de la pège – +33 (0)2 51 54 07 09
Youpla’Land (play equipment for children between 3 and 14 years: bouncing houses, electric quads, balls pool, etc.)
Atlantic toboggan: heated pools, 8 water slides, water play garden for children, tube river, wave pool…
More information about Saint Hilaire de Riez
Have a great holiday!